2008 Reader's Poll Results
At the end of February, we closed things up on our 2008 Reader's Choice Poll and started evaluating the data. In comparison to last year, we had a significant number of stuffed ballots. Our standard policy in these situations is to delete all votes made by anyone who votes two or more times for the same item. We had to delete a lot of votes.
The final results are:
Best Short Story
- A Buyer's Guide to Maps of Antartica by Catherynne M. Valente (May 2008, Issue 20)
- The Completely Rechargeable Man by Karen Heuler (December 2008, Issue 27)
- Idle Roomer by Mike Resnick and Lezli Robyn (November 2008, Issue 26)
Best Cover Art
- TIE Floating Fish by Matts Minnhagen (April 2008, Issue 19) and "Colorless" by Patipat Asavasena (July 2008, Issue 22)
- TIE Nomad by Pascal Blanche (March 2008, Issue 18) and Into the Depths by Patrick Reilly (September 2008, Issue 24)
- TIE Fractured Thoughts by Ray Toh (January 2008, Issue 16) and The Traveller & the Chook by David Renn (November 2008, Issue 26)
Congratulations to our winners and thanks to everyone who voted!
Neil Clarke is the editor of Clarkesworld Magazine and Forever Magazine; owner of Wyrm Publishing; and a ten-time Hugo Award Nominee for Best Editor (short form). His anthologies include Upgraded, Galactic Empires, More Human Than Human, Touchable Unreality, The Final Frontier, Not One of Us, The Eagle has Landed, and the Best Science Fiction of the Years series. His latest anthology, The Best Science Fiction of the Year: Volume 6, is now available from Night Shade Books. He currently lives in NJ with his wife and two sons.